[PD] pyext + pygresql vs sqlsingle

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 20:30:28 CET 2005

Dear list,

I need to insert around 5 sets of 40 values, per second from PD into a
postgresql database (both on the same machine). I can see two options -
pyext + pygresql or sqlsingle.

>From a brief glance at both it looks like the Python route would be
better because sqlsingle introduces a lot of overhead  opening and
closing the connection, and vacuuming the db between writes.

However, perhaps sqlsingle could handle the task on a modern machine
(Centrino 1.6GHz)? This would probably save me some time getting the
Python stuff working? Does anyone have any advice either way before I
start with this?

--
Regards,

Jamie