[PD] basic DSP stuff

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Mon Nov 7 23:47:58 CET 2005

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> Not that I don't appreciate the snide commentary, but this is why I'm
> asking.

If I offended you, please forgive me. You asked a simple question and I
tried to answer, as simple as possible (I don't know your level of
education).

Back to your question, you asked:

 > So why, when you multiply Z1 and Z2, do i*sin(a) and i*sin(b)
multiply to -sin(a)sin(b)?

You see, you wrote an "i" there. If you define "i" by "sqrt(-1)" (I
admit I was implying that), then my answer:

i*sin(a) * i*sin(b) = -1 * sin(a)*sin(b)

is correct. And, as you see, "i" is there :-)

But, if you wanted to discuss the fact, that "i" has no physical meaning
- in this case I misunderstood your question. This is complete another
issue, much more philosophical than mathematical and thus outside my
education focus.

br, Piotr