[PD] clearing a subpatch on exit?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:18:02 CET 2005

I still have the same problem with my presets- the subpatch wherein I write
them saves its contents, which include a 12,000-element array per preset,
and when I reopen my main patch, PD doesn't read the whole thing. It doesn't
reach the length I've been told PD patches can be, but somehow it doesn't
read to the end of the patch, and none of the connections on the main page
show up, among other things. If I open in a text editor and delete all the
scalars in that canvas, it works fine.

Is it possible to execute a command when a window closes? Say, to send
";pd-presetmemory clear" when JI.pd is told to close?

I tried [loadbang]---[;pd-presetmemory clear( but, even though that command
showed up before the presetmemory canvas in the file, it never reaches that
point on load.

I have a button for manually clearing pd presetmemory, but I don't always
hit it before I close.

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."