[PD] PD OSX packaging redux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 9 18:24:33 CET 2005

Hallo,
Lorenz Schori hat gesagt: // Lorenz Schori wrote:

> don't get me wrong. i like yours and hans work but i'm just a bit
> annoyed that i have to mess around with too much build related
> problems if i want to change just little things in pd.

Just to add a bit here: Packaging for Fink (I suppose, if it's similar
to Debian) will be an additional operation that sits on top of
whatever build system we use to actually build Pd and externals. Using
Guenther's Debian packages as example again: The Debian packaging
tools just use the externals/build/ system to build everything. For Pd
they use ./configure && make and for flext-externals they use
flext-build.

So there's no real need change anything in the system to compile stuff
in the context of how to package stuff.

Ciao