[PD] .pdrc in osx

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 22:22:29 CET 2005

Greetings,

Right. I'm going a bit off what the community suggests
here. There are two ways to do it, and I am using the
wrong one at the moment(!). The 'proper' way to do it
is to make an installer (.dmg file). I don't yet know
how to do that, but what I did was to put all the
externals I wanted in the
Pd-0.39-1.app/Contents/Resources/extra folder, and
then edit the org.puredata.pd.plist file with -lib
zexy -lib iemlib2 etc etc. Then I put the whole thing
- my patch, the Pd-0.39-1.app folder, the
org.puredata.pd.plist file and a README file
containing instructions on where to put the
org.puredata.pd.plist file - /Library/Preferences in
one folder. I zipped it up and gave it to my boss -
who then found bugs in my patch (whoops again).

However, Frank's idea about a script should work if
you install pd with a .dmg installer. You can make
scripts for loading different libraries with the line
pd -lib /path/to/lib1.pd_darwin -lib
/path/to/lib2.pd_darwin etc.

then,
chmod 755 myscript.sh

Note that my boss is not PD literate, so this had to
be _easy_

alternatively you could edit the Pd.command file in
Applications and use that to launch PD. I did that for
a while...

Best,
Ed

--- Enrique Erne <pd at mild.ch> wrote:

> hi ed
> I'd love to do that . all I ever found was the file
> org.puredata.pd.plist .
> when i used pd-0.37 I started it with a command
> file.
> could you point me into the right direction ?
> thanks a lot !
> eni
>

> On Nov 7, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Ed Kelly wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've developed an application for PD and I want to
> be
> > able to package the whole thing as an installer,
> so
> > that non-PD people (like my boss) can try out the
> > patch straight out of the box.
> > The only problem I have is that the .pdrc file
> seems
> > not to have any effect on pd 0.39 in osx, i.e. the
> > libraries are not loaded at startup. Is there
> another
> > way to include the information on which libraries
> > load etc as a file, so that paths are configured
> by
> > default? We all have os 10.3.9 here, so Hans'
> > installer doesn't work, and I have custom
> externals
> > (which I will release to cvs soon ;-)
> >
> > Best,
> > Ed