[PD] shell and makesymbol

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 11:31:12 CET 2005

Hey Hans, Guenter, !ohannes, list

> But there is one problem on OSX.  Sometimes when I
> am using [shell],
> everytime I run a command thru [shell] it launches
> the OSX Crash
> Reporter.  Right now, its working fine so I can't
> send a crash report.

Well I have had a different problem where even though
I am using the right outlet I get
shell: old process still running
in the PD window. I need to trigger another shell
action by that, and so only half my shell commands are
working.
It's un-kludge-able! I tried introducing delays into
the system, but to no avail.

I am using 10.3.9 and Hans (I think) 10.4, so maybe we
have different bugs?

Best,
Ed

> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for trying this on OSX. It seems that
> the only thing
> > you had to do in shell was to change the way
> m_pd.h got included.
> >
> > In fact, with the build system(s) on CVS it should
> handle this
> > correctly,
> > without source code changes. But then I don't know
> if shell is
> > included in
> > the OSX build. Might be worth to check out.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Guenter
> >

> > On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Ed Kelly wrote:
> >
> >> I had to hack a couple of other's pd source code
> for
> >> it to work on my project. Here is Gunter's shell
> with
> >> a pd-darwin makefile - it has both outlets unlike
> the
> >> wonk version. Also, Johannes' makesymbol from
> zexy -
> >> all I did was add a 1, but it can handle symbols
> of
> >> more than 80 characters.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Ed
> >>
> >> ->
> >> ->
> >> -->
> >> --->
> >> ----->
> >> -------->
> >> -------------> r3search + praktik EK5perimenz

> ____
>
> News is what people want to keep hidden and
> everything else is
> publicity.
>

>                       - Bill Moyers

->