[PD] more problems with dyn~

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Thu Nov 10 16:21:41 CET 2005

Well, I've spent several hours now updating pd on my server so I can
run my new project and I'm having problems with dyn~ What does this
mean?

/home/palli/pure-data/pd/extra/dyn~.pd_linux: /home/palli/pure-data/
pd/extra/dyn~.pd_linux: undefined symbol: _ZN17flext_root_singlenwEj
dyn~ 0 1 2 1
... couldn't create

A lot of the problems I've had are probably my fault. I don't want to
'make install' because I don't want it to mess with my previous pd
installation. So that's probably causing many of my headaches. I
downloaded flext from grrr.org and it compiled fine. After building I
get several folders, release-multi, release-shared, release-single. I
used the libflext from release-shared. At first, dyn~ kept looking
for libflext-pd.so.0.5 but flext had titled it libflext-pd.so.0.5.0
After I figured that problem out, this one popped up. Does it have
something to do with the multi/shared/single thing?

Thanks for any help.

Pall

--
Pall Thayer