[PD] gui stuff

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 11 00:12:58 CET 2005

hi everyone,

doing housekeeping just turned up some
installed-once-and-forgotten-about software - in this
case AVE visual editor (this is basically a gui
wrapper around the avisynth frame server, which in
turn is a scripting language for video processing). I
was stunned by its user interface - for a screenshot,
see http://puredata.info/Members/tfbb/gui/AVE/view .
Regarding the canvas, this is probably as effective as
graphical programming can be. I would like to keep the
pd-like text in the objects, however :-)
honestly: I don't know if something like this is
possible with tcl/tk (or feasable for pd), it might be
a starting point for thinking about possible
improvements of pd's ui. the Objects- and Values/Help-
boxes are definitely good ideas to make the learning
curve less steep for beginners ...

with kinf regards,
thoralf.

with kind regards,