[PD] PD OSX packaging redux

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Fri Nov 11 10:50:33 CET 2005

On 10 Nov 2005, at 21:30, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Thanks much to both of them, they really deserve the praise since they
> stepped up and offered and then did the bureaucratic legwork.
> Hopefully, this can serve as a model future funding of Pd development.
>  This just put my lifetime free software earnings above US$2000.  Its
> a start...

Heh. Well, I'm currently trying to raise funds for gridflow (docs,
etc.) and trying to find general puredata funding too. I know how hard
it can be, so kudos to them guys.

> Yes indeed, that is the grand plan, I hope to get the foundation
> implemented by the end of the month, along with Windows, OSX, and
> Linux binaries all from the same source.  The further packaging (deb,
> rpm, fink, darwinports, etc.) will be up to who ever wants to do it.

THat's fantastic news.

> Sounds like a great idea.  You could start by looking at
> packages/darwin_app/Makefile, and take it from there.  But beware,
> there will be substantial changes as I make it platform-neutral.

But this is in CVS, so regularly watching cvs digest and doing cvs
updates should keep me sane, right?

# David Plans Casal

problem.each { |day|
	assert_nil(spoon)