[PD] GEM pix_movie crash

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 04:05:49 CET 2005

I'm using a Windows XP machine with pd 39.  I keep
crashing PD/GEM .9 whenever I try to open a movie into
the pix_movie object after a different movie has
already been opened into it.  In the example patch on
how to use pix_movie this works fine.   Maybe it's my
movie format (I am using AVI) or something but it
doesn't seem to make much sense.  I can load a movie,
play it, and loop it just fine.  When I try to open a
different file, PD crashes.

My process is to bang the openpanel object to select a
file.  The outlet of the openpanel is connected to the
message [open $1], which is then connected to the
pix_movie inlet.  It loads once then crashes the
second load.

Please help!

Thanks,
Phil