[PD] basic DSP stuff

megale megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 12 18:44:53 CET 2005

"The other philosophical need comes from the idea that the
energy of an oscillator should be constant if the oscillator is at a
constant amplitude and frequency, but the observable output of the
oscillator passes through zero, which implies there is no energy there.
Where is the energy?"

 The fact that an oscillator passes through zero is just admitted to trace on X Y a signal where Y
axis is the edge between positive and negative solutions, but if we make a translation of Y axis
to only have positive solutions for X, we wouldn't have to use imaginary numbers?

Patco