[PD] fluid~ (and footils in general)

Jason Plumb jason at noisybox.net
Sun Nov 13 04:15:21 CET 2005

So I'm trying to get fluid~ working on 0.38-4.  Apparently it's part of
footils, which is part of the main externals module now.  I checked out
externals from cvs since the "real" realeases of externals seem to be
from March 2003 (is this really right???)

In any case, in order to compile fluid~, I had to install flext (I tried
version 0.5.0 downloaded from the website, but also tried the version in
the externals/grill/flext dir) and then had to muck around with the
fluid~ makefile and config file.  Once I got fluid~ built and installed,
pd barfs when trying to instantiate it:

tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/fluid~.pd_linux and succeeded
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/fluid~.pd_linux:
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/fluid~.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
_ZN16flext_obj_single7obj_addEbbbPKcS1_PFvP11flext_classEPFPS_iP5_atomEPFvP9flext_hdrEiz

Any ideas?  I'm using fluidsynth/libfluidsynth1/libfluidsynth-dev
1.0.6-3 via apt on Debian unstable.

Thanks in advance,

-jason