[PD] HTTP query

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sun Nov 13 15:05:53 CET 2005

Hi list,

I was just wondering what is the most efficient way of doing a HTTP
query from PD. It should look like this:

GET /puredata/index.php?foo=bar HTTP/1.1
Host: www.sourcelibre.com

I tried with wget and curl and it's all right, but [shell] seems to
make some processes last longer than it should be... and then I cannot
make many queries per minute as I would like to. I kind of remember
there was an external for this, but I would prefer use builtin objects.

Otherwise, I searched the list and the web, but you would agree that
it's not easy to do a search about "HTTP" when all the URL on the web
start with that... :-)

Thanks !

aalex