[PD] HTTP query

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sun Nov 13 18:00:02 CET 2005

Le 05-11-13, à 11:13, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :

> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
>
>> I tried with wget and curl and it's all right, but [shell] seems to
>> make
>> some processes last longer than it should be... and then I cannot make
>> many queries per minute as I would like to.
>
> what do you mean they last longer? zombie processes?

I mean that, for some reason, [shell] tells me that an old process is
still running. But, the thing is that this process should be done by
now. Don't know why it stills lasts. Pd 0.39 OS X.

> does that [shell] thing allow you to start several processes at once?
> you are using the "&" operator of the shell ?

Well, the following command is all right :

curl "http://www.sourcelibre.com/puredata/rpc.php?foo=bar&hello=world" &

I think it *is* better to use the & operator of the shell when using
[shell].

Any better way to do this ?

aalex