[PD] midiout broken

günter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Nov 13 21:06:02 CET 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Jamie Bullock wrote:
> I just checked devel (0.38.4 devel 2) on my machine, and that's exactly
> what it does. Try to use midiout, and you get:
>
> 	putmidibyte not implemented, please report as a bug
>
> I have just submitted it as a bug report for devel, should it be
> submitted for 'official' as well?

FYI the ALSA midi code was contributed by Pablo Martin, I put the
warning into the sys_putmidibyte() function, because, as Miller says
it seemed to be a pain to implement this function correctly.

Anyhow, steve implemented the function.

Well, so far the history, see

http://tinyurl.com/ay7qd

for more. Anyhow if you want to submit a bug report, please do it against
the latest version, in this case it would have been important because the code
changed and noone is probably going to fix 0.38 devel anymore.

Get the latest version of pd from
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html

or the latest from the CVS for the devel branch.

Cheers,

Guenter