[PD] message queue

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 14 10:15:19 CET 2005

moin Ben,

On 11/13/2005 11:18:49 PM, "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org> appears to have
written:
> What I
> really want is not to limit the number of messages (neccesarily) but
> limit the rate at which they get sent to comport.
>
> What seems to be a good solution to these problems would be a message
> queue.
>
> The problem I'm trying to solve currently is comparing certain items of
> a list, and if they match the pattern (float's within a certain range)
> then output the list, otherwise throw it away.

... I'm not sure to solve this problem (I'm not certain I understand
exactly what the current problem is, actually), but I have written a
[deque] external for message-queueing, although it's probably much
easier to just use [list] for that these days...

In case you're interested,

 http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology