[PD] message queue

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 14 10:40:40 CET 2005

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> The problem I'm trying to solve currently is comparing certain items of
> a list, and if they match the pattern (float's within a certain range)
> then output the list, otherwise throw it away. The difficulty has been
> dealing with the timing and unpacking/packing with so many messages
> flying through, easy enough to do a comparison of some elements, but how
> to keep the list in the [lister] in sync with the items being compared
> with a constant flow of messages is challanging, at least for me.
>
> If anyone has any ideas or abstractions along theses lines please let me
> know!

since it seems you are using zexy anyhow, i'd suggest [fifop], which is
a FIFO (with priorities; but you can safely ignore them is you don't
need them).
for pure self-advertisment, there is also a [lifop], but you probably
won't need that.

also there is [listfifo] in maxlib, (which apparently works on lists and
has no priorities)

i am sure that these objects could be build somehow with the new [list]
(but i haven't had the time yet to do so, frank ?)

> otherwise I guess I have to make some kind of spigot-hell lockstep
> message processor... but of course using spigots means losing messages.

this sounds like [speedlim] from iemlib2.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes