[PD] message queue

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 14 11:00:35 CET 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> since it seems you are using zexy anyhow, i'd suggest [fifop], which is
> a FIFO (with priorities; but you can safely ignore them is you don't
> need them).
> for pure self-advertisment, there is also a [lifop], but you probably
> won't need that.
>
> also there is [listfifo] in maxlib, (which apparently works on lists and
> has no priorities)
>
> i am sure that these objects could be build somehow with the new [list]
> (but i haven't had the time yet to do so, frank ?)

I don't think it would be trivial, because storing lists of lists in
[list] is not directly possible, [list] just stores lists of atoms. A
buffer for atoms is in [list]-abs with [list-lastx] formerly known as
[last-x].

But if you have an idea how to realize a list-fifo with [list], I'd be
happy to take it.

For a general approach, also PDContainer comes to mind.

Ciao