[PD] old process still running

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 16:57:46 CET 2005

Hey Günter,

Apologies for the wait - I tried your patch and it
didn't work! I made a patch to examine the problem, it
seems that when the zombie is still running the right
output does not get banged. The kill seems to make no
difference, but then I guess that's why it's a zombie!

Now I know why the wonk version has only 1 out. I got
around the problem in my patch by not using the right
outlet (there was a way!),

Best,
Ed

--- günter geiger <geiger at xdv.org> wrote:

> I haven't tried shell on OSX yet, attached is a
> patch that might fix the
> problem. Apply with
>
> patch < shell_osx.patch
>
> Let me know if it helps (or not).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guenter
>

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Ed Kelly wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm still having problems with the shell object,
> > the right outlet is supposed to bang when the
> shell
> > has achieved it's task, but every time I use that
> > initiate another task (with a [bang( -- [del 100]
> in
> > between) I get "old process still running" and the
> > task remains undone. All I want to do is create a
> > series of folders within a folder!
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > PS, I'm still having problems with my
> > email...apologies to the list, but every time I
> > forward one from the list, to myself, it's going
> > the list instead! Yahoo! - ya boo. I'll copy and
> paste
> > in future!
> >
> > ->
> > ->