[PD] old process still running

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Mon Nov 14 17:42:12 CET 2005

Le 05-11-14, à 10:57, Ed Kelly a écrit :

> Apologies for the wait - I tried your patch and it
> didn't work! I made a patch to examine the problem, it
> seems that when the zombie is still running the right
> output does not get banged. The kill seems to make no
> difference, but then I guess that's why it's a zombie!

Yeah, as I was explaining in an other thread,
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-11/032673.html :

"""
curl "http://www.sourcelibre.com/puredata/rpc.php?foo=bar&hello=world" &

I think it *is* better to use the & operator of the shell when using
[shell].
"""

This might be a workaround. It does bang the right outlet from time to
time... Maybe OSX's [shell] is buggy ?

aalex