[PD] Binaries for OsX

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 15 09:36:39 CET 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think all of that should be included in the extended builds.
> serialize has been replaced by comport.

iirc, [serialize] was rather something like [repack 1] from zexy (to be
precise, [repack 1] is a clone of [serialize], but [repack] offers
extended functionality);
so [serialize] has nothing to do with the serial port but rather with a
stream of atoms as opposed to a list of atoms.

> .hc
>
> On Nov 14, 2005, at 6:17 PM, João Miguel Pais wrote:
>
>> I am looking for the following binaries (already compiled) for OsX,
>> which seem to be hard to find:
>>
>> - maxlib (scale)
>>
>> - iemlib (gate)

why not make your own [gate]? for an abstraction you need 2 [inlet]s, 1
[outlet] and 1 [spigot].
[spigot] in pd-0.39 takes a creation argument to set the initial state
of the object (if this is, why you use [gate]); if you _must_ use
pd<0.39 you can always use a [loadbang] to initialize the [spigot].

>> - zexy less than 2.0 (matrix, matrix~, makesymbol, packel)

[makesymbol] and [packel] are fine in zexy>=2.0.
[packel] can now be done with plain pd-objects (see frank's collection
of list-objects)

[matrix] and [matrix~] are now in iemmatrix, which i recommend instead
of sticking to old versions of zexy. [matrix~] in iemmatrix (which btw
is now called [mtx_*~] and has slightly different behaviour; but you can
still use the name [matrix~] and get the old behaviour) should be faster
than the original version.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes