[PD] [OT] event: OpenLab OpenDay

chun chun at goto10.org
Tue Nov 15 12:59:08 CET 2005

hi all:

i hope this may be interesting to some of you that lives in and around london;)

cheers

chun

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|o|p|e|n|l|a|b|_|o|p|e|n|d|a|y|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

In the past year, openlab has been a self sufficient project driven by like minded people to promote and
demonstrate the use of open source free software in the context of real-time audio/visual performance
practice. We have organized live performances, workshops, a radio show and various other activities.  Of
course, we also enjoyed our meetings and drinking beers;)

The next openlab event, "openlab openday" will take place on the 11th of December. The nature of this
event will be determined by the interests of the participants.  For example, if you are around london and
are interested, you can write to us and let us know what you like to see happening on the openday. Some
ideas that we have are:

installfest -> help on installation of linux, fluxus, Pd and its externals, supercollider, and other programs

workshop -> demonstration of the software that we use such as fluxus, home brewed applications,  Pd and
supercollider.

Presentation -> showoff your cool project/software.

Jam -> bring your box and make noise!

All of the above -> bring your box, talk to people, ask questions, make noise and enjoy the chaos

we are open for suggestions,you can give us your feedback by email or via the openday wiki.

Email: openlab at stereocilia.org
wiki: http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/index.php?page=OpenDay

We hope that this will interest you, we have had a fun year as openlab so far and would like to invite
more people to join us. We hope that openday will be a fun celebration of the first anniversary of
openlab.

The event will be free of charge and will most likely be an all day event. We will prepare tea and coffee
as well. Please email us to register (as soon as you can) if you would like to come, so that we can
prepare for you accordingly.

OpenLab.