[PD] laptop linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 16 22:35:19 CET 2005

Hallo Ed,
Ed Kelly hat gesagt: // Ed Kelly wrote:
> Well, I know graphics acceleration is done outside of the CPU.
> That's what I meant. I bought an Acer Aspire 1691 WLMi about 2 1/2
> weeks ago, my first laptop (and considering my paycheck, my last for
> a long, long while). I tried for 2 weeks to get Linux working with
> the 1280x800 display to no avail, and to get pidip working. Then I
> discovered a few things.

I attached my xorg.conf and the file /etc/modules, which on
Ubuntu/Debian contains modules to load on boot, as they are on my
Laptop with an intel chip. PDP works with xvideo and glx, and Gem
works accelerated with that. The Intel chip also is quite fast. Of
course 3D is not as fast as many chips by ATi or NVidia, but it's one
of the fastest chipsets that have stable and good open source drivers.

Ciao