[PD] Linux on external drive

megale megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 17 03:00:30 CET 2005

--- josue moreno <josuemoreno1 at hotmail.com> :

> about switch to Linux, im a MacOS user, and im thinking about change my
> platform, but i have to continue using MacOSX for a while for profesional
> reasons.
> I bought a external drive but dont know how can install Linux on an external
> hard drive...It looks only possible to do in a partition or in a whole
> internal hard disk...
>
> any suggestion?

 Hi, I've installed Fedora core 4 on an external USB 16Mo cache HD for my Packard Bell laptop,
then warranty couldn't say anything about linux installing (Packard bell don't like linux),
performances are good, the only inconvenient is about being obliged to make an initrd image with
the USB modules for every new kernels.

Patco