[PD] PD and latency on kernel 2.6.14.2-lsm

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Nov 18 03:10:58 CET 2005

Hi again!

I am having trouble getting the latency of PD down. I asked the
linux-audio-users list about kernel and jack related optimizations, so
now I ask you:

How do I tune PD to run as fast as possible?

For example I can get jackd to run with a 10ms latency without XRUNS,
but when I open pd and move the window around or change windows I get
pops. I know this is largely because of gnome (and I would like some
hints there as well), but what can I do about PD?

Thanks!
-thewade