[PD] Waveguide Modeling with [z~]

Spencer Russell spencer.russell at oberlin.edu
Fri Nov 18 19:03:40 CET 2005

Hullo, List,
I'm playing around with some waveguide modeling stuff, mostly modeling
strings, and my first trial patch is basically just a delay line that
feeds back through a lowpass filter. It seems that the delay object of
choice for long strings of delay (for if I want to apply non-linear
interactions) is [z~] from zexy, but I can't change the delay time
dynamically, and I'd like to be able to change the tuning on the fly.
Is there a different delay object that I should be using?

I'm just starting to look into waveguide modeling, with the intent of
playing around with sympathetic vibrations, like on a sitar, where the
input signal induces vibrations in a collection of tuned strings. If
anyone has any nice waveguide example patches, I'd be interested to
see them.

thanks,
spencer