[PD] PD and latency on kernel 2.6.14.2-lsm

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Nov 18 19:05:22 CET 2005

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> * Using a shared-memory graphics card, such as the Intel chipset Frank
> Barknecht discussed with Ed Kelly this week, is reported by RME to cause
> dropouts:
> --> http://tinyurl.com/dcdvk

Note that Ed and I have the newer series of Intel GFX chip, which have
a reworked architecture that should be less susceptible to this
problem. It would be cool, if RME could update their page with some
tests of the new chipsets. However some issues also have to do with
the driver, which at least theoretically are fixable on Intel because
the drivers as Open Source, however for NVidia you can only pray.

I don't have any unusual dropouts using the Intel chip on my laptop
compared to the same patches on my main machine, which has a seperate
gfx card.

Ciao