[PD] pd and (analog)-telephons

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 18 20:20:42 CET 2005

Use a VoIP account and eliminate:

> telephon-->sip-adapter-->modem-->

Then anyone can call your VoIP number and asterisk will answer.  I've
done a few projects with asterisk (here's one:
http://whitmanlocalreport.net ) and its auite a system.  I'd be
interested to see what you come up with, since I am planning on making
a Pd-powered answering machine.

There might also be a way that you can have asterisk talk directly to
Pd.  The "AGI" stuff, basically like CGI for asterisk, is general
enough that it should be able to talk directly to Pd.  That'd be a nice
set of objects to have: Asterisk for Pd.  They could be written totally
in Pd, I think.

.hc