[PD] pd and (analog)-telephons

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 18 22:44:33 CET 2005

No hardware except an old PC and a network card is necessary if you use
VoIP.  VoicePulse Connect is a good service if you just want to receive
calls.  US$11/month for unlimited incoming calls on four lines.  Even a
Linksys WRT54G wireless router can run asterisk, the CPU requirements
are minimal.

The easiest way to get the sounds into Pd would probably have Pd read
the wav files that asterisk writes.  But I think streaming should be
possible.  This might be the kick in the ass that I need to document
this setup:  http://whitmanlocalreport.net
We have been planning on writing up a HOWTO webpage anyway.

.hc