[PD] comport and bascom avr / ascii2any

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Nov 19 00:14:12 CET 2005

Hallo,

> On Nov 17, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Marc Lavallée wrote:
> >Good good, but then, how to combine those single characters into useful
> >messages and lists for PD? That's not an easy task, and that's why I
> >programmed the ascii2any and any2ascii externals. I hope to update
> >them to
> >the latest Flext, and maybe compile it for Windows...
>
> You could change [makefilename]s together, or something with the new
> [list] object would probably be possible.

At first I thought: No way, you'd need at least [list2symbol] for
that, which is impossible to build with just internal objects. Then I
said to myself: Hm, maybe it's not impossible? Then I said down and it
wasn't even that hard to do a [list2symbol] clone using just builtins:
list-2s.pd is attached. Oops, there goes another external previously
used in RRADical ... ;)

Ciao