[PD] Equation question

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Nov 20 23:58:56 CET 2005

Hi,

I didn't try the patch, as I don't have Gem installed, and as a result I
may be missing the point in what follows.  But some useful equations
(which you can rearrange using very basic algebra):

(time per frame in ms) = 1000 / (rate in fps)

(total time in ms) = (number of frames) * 1000 / (rate in fps)

(time per beat in ms) = 60000 / (rate in bpm)

A way of checking equations for plausibility is described in the first
few paragraphs here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_analysis

Claude