[PD] Re: PD-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 108

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 22 01:07:52 CET 2005

Generally, that's because PDP can't find a library.  Could you launch
/Applications/Utilities/Console.app, there you will be able to see the
error output.  Send it me here.

Or you can run it from the command line to see the error messages.
Like this:

/Applications/Pd0.38.4-extended-RC3.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd
-stderr

Then the error messages will show up in your terminal window.

.hc

On Nov 21, 2005, at 5:58 PM, Koray Tahiroglu wrote:

> Hello Hans,
>
> I just did a test run with your Pd0.38.4-extended-RC3.app release, I
> dont know if it is only related to my computer, but PD crashes each
> time when I try to load PDP library. I am running this version under
> OSX 10.4.2, G3 PowerBook.
>
> best,
> Koray.
>

> -----------------
> M.Koray Tahiroglu
> Media Lab,
> University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
> Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
> http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
> http://purenoise.uiah.fi:8000/
> tel: +358 40 754 8449
> fax: +358 9 75630 555
>

> On Nov 21, 2005, at 11:03 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
>>
>> Finally, I released another Pd-extended, but this one is quite
>> different. Its based on the cross-platform, cross-package build
>> system. Soon, I shall be releasing a Windows and Linux build based on
>> this as well.
>>
>> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers-0.38.4-extendedRC3.html
>>
>>   Lots of changes, got the first complete(-ish) build with the new
>> extended build system. I left as much of the old functionality in
>> place
>> as possible, definitely were it was being used. But there are some
>> changes that break backwards compatibility, thought they should be
>> noticed by few, and be easy to fix going forward.
>>
>> Some highlights:
>>
>> * centralized patch system (packages/patches with targets patch_pd and
>> unpatch_pd)
>>
>> * libdir format: basically a libdir is a directory that has both the
>> objects and the help files together in one folder. It can be added
>> using -lib or the StartUp preferences, or you can access them via
>> geiger namespaces, i.e. [mylibrary/myobject].
>>
>> * special characters allow in setup function/file names for objects.
>> This makes objects like [||~] possible without having to be in a
>> library. Now they can be either .pd files or individual .pd_darwin
>> files (thanks IOhannes for the patch).
>>
>> .hc

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.