[PD] Re: pure == slow, impure == fast ? was purepd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 23 06:53:18 CET 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 11:15 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> That's why I'm working on replacing most of the stuff used in RRADical
>> with builtin objects. Unfortunatly there is nothing that can replace
>> [pool] and [OSC] in Pd yet, and I don't want to ditch OSC support in
>> RRADical and I cannot ditch [pool], which is a constant pool of
>> trouble
>> for non-technically inclined users. :(
>
> Is it possible to run MinGW or Cygwin or (GASP!) MSVC6 on Linux,
> through
> WINE ?

You can compile for MinGW on Linux and OSX, probably cygwin too.  I
doubt MSVC runs in WINE, but maybe.

How does that relate to the above bit tho?  Actually, anyone got Pd
compiling with MinGW?  I could use some pointers.

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                            - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.