[PD] PdContainer in Pd devel (was: OSC in pd canonical)

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Nov 23 09:56:08 CET 2005

Hi Mathieu, hi all,

Am 23.11.2005 um 03:28 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Georg Holzmann wrote:
>
>>> Oh, I'd love to have PDContainer in Pd. ;)
>> I don't think that this will ever happen, because it's written in C++
>> and uses
>> STL ...
>
> Quick survey: how open are developers to the following ?
>
> (a) inclusion of C++ code in Pd devel branch
>
> (b) inclusion of C++ STL code in Pd devel branch

in principle i'm positive to both, because every c compiler i know of
is able to compile c++.
On the other hand, i'm not in favor of inclusion of externals into PD.
To my mind this is a question of packaging, not of core functionality.
I personally would even throw out so-called internals and all graphical
objects of course, with a compact kernel remaining.

best greetings,
Thomas