[PD] OSC configuration - distance concert

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:24:25 CET 2005

Hi,

we're three pd-ers (or ocasionally 2 pders and 1 maxer), and we're trying
to set up osc to communicate while each of us is at home in his pijamas.
(so far we've done it sucessfully in the direct way, hub+cables and manual
setting of the ip for each)

yesterday we were trying it, and the results were quite strange:

- users A, B and C
- A sent to B, but didn't receive nothing (wlan and lan)
- B sent to nobody, received from A (lan)
- C couldn't send or receive from neither (wlan and lan)
- all (or C didn't?) could connect to themselves through OSC (connect
x.y.z.k 1000)
(with "send" I mean to be received. there were no error reports from
dumpOSC)

I find strange that either it should nothing work, or everything work. All
systems are windows, and firewalls were either totally open or even shut
down. I don't know if wlan/lan makes a difference, I guess not.

does anyone has suggestions about this? The purpose would be all to
connect to each other, and later to play a concert at a distance (and
still in pijamas).

Greetings,

Joao

PS: as yesterday, it isn't possible to search the list archives.

--
Lugostr. 14
79100 Freiburg i. Br.
jmmmp at arcor.de