[PD] nosferatu namespaces (was: zexy and Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.ap p)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 23 17:12:18 CET 2005

again it is one of these days where i can't stop answering...

Burt wrote:
> My question was prompted by the fact that Hans' OSX installer no longer had zexy.pd_darwin compiled as a library.  He is now packaging individual externals from zexy separately.  I have now placed zexy.pd_darwin in my extras folder and am comfortable, although as an advocate for other users I am wondering why the change has been made.

but what was your actual problem? or was there none?

hans is splitting up the externals because:
- it could be a way to allow users resolv nameclashes (but then i think
that most users of the pd-extended installer will not dig into the
depths of the bundle to exchange the binaries of this external against
that one)
- because with externals the users need not think about loading a
library to get a special object. they just load the object.
- ...

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes