[PD] nosferatu namespaces

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 23 17:49:32 CET 2005

seems like i have a frog in my mouth that turns all the words i write to
something else.

Martin Peach wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>> - because with externals the users need not think about loading a
>> library to get a special object. they just load the object.
>> - ...
>>

> Surely it would be better if an external that needs some library
> functionality should be able on its own to silently load the library, so
> for instance making a [gemhead] would automatically load Gem. Is this
> what you mean?

no.

if a library is borken up into externals (like zexy in the pd-extended),
it is no longer a "library" in the sense of 1 big file containing all
the objects.
a better term would be "collection": it is just a punch of objects that
happen to belong together for various reasons (e.g. functionality; but
also such triviata like "once being objects provided by the zexy.dll")

so: in pd-extended there is no zexy library but there is a zexy
collection of objects (externals/abstractions) like [z~], [limiter~] and
[niagara].

use these objects; you don't have to know anything about "zexy" (whether
it is whatever); the object gets loaded on demand (when you create it).

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes