[PD] zexy and Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.app

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 23 17:58:17 CET 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 11:17 AM, B. Bogart wrote:

>> There are a few solutions in the works for this.  Günter Geiger's
>> [using] object would be quite nice, it allows you to load libs from a
>> patch (i.e. [using zexy].  Then, I plan on redoing the preference
>> panels so that they are more usable, including unlimited paths and
>> libs
>> fields.
>
> how about a "browse" button?
> Also check out my old LML, which was an alternate GUI for PD
> perferences
> (acually all the command line flags) Most of the stuff that now needs
> go into "extra flags" was in there. Anyhow here it is to check out:
>
> http://www.ekran.org/ben/research/lml/lml-v0.1-TEST8-osx.tgz
>
> Not this is abandoned, but the tk GUI stuff may still be of some use.
> (I
> recall the GUI was generated from a table that said the type of
> paramter,
> and if it was a flag (on-off) or option (requires argument).

It could be a good starting place.  I was thinking it'd be nice if the
lib prefs scanned for the libs, then you could just check them off or
on.  It would be easy to scan for libdirs, donno about standard libs.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                                                   -
retired U.S. Army general, William Odom