[PD] zexy and Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.app

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 23 18:05:50 CET 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 3:38 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>> There are a few solutions in the works for this.  Günter Geiger's
>> [using] object would be quite nice, it allows you to load libs from a
>>  patch (i.e. [using zexy].  Then, I plan on redoing the preference
> well, this would be useful, but whats the difference from [using zexy]
> to [zexy] - it also loads the lib because most libs implemented such a
> dummy object (or at least some) ?
>
> anyway, I often make a [pd include] subpatch and there I put [zexy],
> [iemlib1], [PDContainer], ... but the problem is, that it's hard to
> load the libs in the right order (to avoid nameclashes) - so for
> [using zexy] there should be maybe an other argument, which influences
> the sequence of loading different external libs ...
>
> e.g.: [using zexy 1] will be loaded before [using iemlib 4], ...

I think you could just make it all in one object box, i.e.:

[using zexy iemlib]  would achieve what you are saying above.  And
would be simpler syntax.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                                                   -
retired U.S. Army general, William Odom