[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extendedRC4 for Windows and Mac OS X

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Nov 24 12:23:12 CET 2005

Hi all,

Following Anders, I must say I am very impressed by your work Hans.
Pd-extended greatly facilitates access to Pd for people attending
*workshops* for example.
I found myself quite worry about explaining things people don't want to
hear about (the over-complicated bundle stuff on macosx or event pd
command-line options, etc.).
Maintaining a boosted pd on the two proprietary platforms sounded quite
difficult to me, but... :-)
I have the same remaks as Anders concerning the windoz version (I am no
developer neither).
Even if it is not that difficult to install, a *Gem.dll *would be quite
welcome.
Other details include :
- this strange 01-manual behaviour
- the desktop shortcut does not work (it points to pd/pd.exe instead pf
/pd/bin/pd.exe)
- in my install at least, Pd->File->Startup does not want to save
settings (when i want to remove gem2pdp for example... :-() .

I am also a bit confused with *pdp* on windoz - what can we expect
honestly?
- would it be possible to compile this little piece of art on windoz
(sevy probably has no idea about that ;-) ?
- could we see pdp_rec~ on osx in the future?

Otherwise I don't know how difficult it would be to include
*readanysf*~, we talked about that several months ago on this very list
but it seems to me that, still, nobody can provide a decent compiled
version on windoz or osx. By the way, are you planning to release any
add-ons on readanysf~, August?

I also would dream to have *pyext* included de-facto - but this sounds a
bit out of range on windows even if Python.dll could as well be included
after all.  By the way, I got several examples of disappearing pyext
boxes on windoz machines (it seems that Gem and pyext don't cohabitate
that well).

Anyway, thanks again Hans, for this excellent contribution!
best,
vincent