[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extendedRC4 for Windows and Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 24 19:12:49 CET 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
>> By the way, I got several examples of disappearing pyext boxes on
>> windoz machines (it seems that Gem and pyext don't cohabitate that
>> well).
>>
> i would be very interested in more detailed info how and why GEM and
> pyext don't cohabitate well.
> Vanishing object boxes have in all cases i got to know of been caused
> by version mismatches of PD or flext headers and libraries and have
> been resolved by downloading or checking out an up-to-date flext
> version and recompiling flext and the objects.

Sounds like a great reason for the Pd-extended builds.  The idea is to
have everything compiled at once...  Now if only I could get Pd to
compile using MinGW...

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.