[PD] tk scaling test 1

Andre Schmidt huolong at arcor.de
Thu Nov 24 21:08:32 CET 2005

hi,

before we(i) start to findout how to get that "tk scaling" to work on
all pd "objects", i made a little tk script to test that feature.

i hope many people (on many os) try this, so we (or atleast i) can be
sure that this feature would/could "fix" our font size issues..

so, the more the marrier :)

here we go:

get the script from here:
http://osku.de/pd/tst01/tkscaling-test1.tk
it needs also this gif in the same directory
http://osku.de/pd/tst01/courier10pix.gif

then run the script,
i dont know how (or what you need) to run this tk script on windows or
osx. so anyone who knows, please post.
on linux: "./tkscaling-test1.tk" or "wish tkscaling-test1.tk"
(i assume you have tcl/tk installed ;)

then make a screenshot of that app running and name it
"yournameornick-TST01.filetype"
heres mine: http://osku.de/pd/tst01/oskude-TST01.png

and then IF your text is NOT the same size as in the displayed gif on
the bottom of the app, open the "tkscaling-test1.tk" (its a plain
textfile), uncomment the line "#tk scaling 1.00" and play with the value
until your text is same size as in the gif.
then make a screenie again and name it
"yournameornick-TST01-tks.filetype"
heres mine: http://osku.de/pd/tst01/oskude-TST01-tks.png

then mail the image(s) to me, and ill make a webgallery to study.

Thank You.

font agent ;)
andre "oskude" schmidt

ps. heres allso my laptop: http://osku.de/pd/tst01/oskude2-TST01.png