[PD] graphics card

Ken renueden at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 25 12:04:47 CET 2005

Malte Steiner wrote:

> chris clepper schrieb:
>
>> The performance gains with GEM by adding the AGP card will be
>> substantial.  Anything currently offered by Nvidia or ATI will improve
>> over the Intel built-in.
>>
>> On 11/24/05, Ken <renueden at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> i have a shuttle box with built in graphics with 128 mb shared memory.
>>> will i get better performance i buy a dedicated card, my slot is agp
>>> 8x?  primarily interested in gem, pdp, pidip...gridflow?  than
>>

> Ken didn't said which chip is built in, there are Shuttles with Nvidia
> graphics onboard so the gain might be not so much.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

ya its an nvidia graphics controller:
The Crush18G IGP Host Controller integrates a high performance and high
quality 3D/2D Graphical Accelerator. Ø Integrated Geforce4 MX GPU Ø
Built-in a high performance and high quality 256-bit 3D/2D graphic
accelerator. Ø nView dual-display architecture supporting desktop VGA
monitor; DVI display or TV set. Ø Dual CRTC/simultaneous Dual Display. Ø
Integrated dual 300 MHz palette-DACs for analog VGA monitors up to
1920x1440.

i don't understand if doing graphics is hitting the cpu or not, ot if
having an agp card will alleviate that.  i am also synthesising sound
too.  thanks all.