[PD] OSX 10.3.x pd installer supporting pdp

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 25 23:52:51 CET 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 1:55 PM, james tittle wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2005, at 10:59 AM, enrique franco wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to load pdp with the pd-0.38-4-extended-RC3.app for OSX
>> 10.3.8  but I'm getting this message in the console:
>>
>> Mac OS X Version 10.3.8 (Build 7U16)
>> 2005-11-24 10:35:54 -0500
>> dyld:
>> /Volumes/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.app/Contents/
>> Resources/Scripts/../bin/pd
>> can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib  (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>> pd_gui: pd process exited
>>

>> How can I solve this?
>
> ...well, glad to see you are finally using a workable pd, but please,
> you should really read my emails:  I asked you a few days ago when you
> last posted if you had X11.app installed:  it is necessary atm to load
> pdp, because on osx pdp's output is currently [pdp_glx] (which
> requires x11.app to also be running) or [pdp2gem] (requires gem to be
> loaded also)...I never got [pdp_xv] working, but that might be due to
> x11 display setup ignorance on my part...
>
> ...lastly, this is also not guaranteed to run under 10.4.x, but I have
> heard of people able to run it under 10.3.9 (ie. you need to upgrade!)

For what it's worth, I got PDP to open a window in X using [pdp_glx] on
10.3.9.  But I haven't gotten PDP to do anything yet...

The help patches need to have all output methods, [pdp_xv] and
[pdp_glx], in every patch so that they will work on both platforms.
Plus Guenter has worked on porting PDP to MinGW, so that might make
things extra whacky.

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/