[PD] OSX 10.3.x pd installer supporting pdp

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 25 23:55:42 CET 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 1:55 PM, james tittle wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2005, at 10:59 AM, enrique franco wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to load pdp with the pd-0.38-4-extended-RC3.app for OSX
>> 10.3.8  but I'm getting this message in the console:
>>
>> Mac OS X Version 10.3.8 (Build 7U16)
>> 2005-11-24 10:35:54 -0500
>> dyld:
>> /Volumes/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC3.app/Contents/
>> Resources/Scripts/../bin/pd
>> can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib  (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>> pd_gui: pd process exited
>>

>> How can I solve this?
>
> ...well, glad to see you are finally using a workable pd, but please,
> you should really read my emails:  I asked you a few days ago when you
> last posted if you had X11.app installed:  it is necessary atm to load
> pdp, because on osx pdp's output is currently [pdp_glx] (which
> requires x11.app to also be running) or [pdp2gem] (requires gem to be
> loaded also)...I never got [pdp_xv] working, but that might be due to
> x11 display setup ignorance on my part...
>
> ...lastly, this is also not guaranteed to run under 10.4.x, but I have
> heard of people able to run it under 10.3.9 (ie. you need to upgrade!)

Also, the pdp/etc. binaries in Pd-extended are currently the binaries
from the latest pd++.app.  While Gem and PDP work fine, I currently get
this when I try to use pdp2gem or gem2pdp:

hans at sla:src >
/Applications/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC4.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd
-stderr
set it
GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.90
GEM: compiled: Apr 13 2005
GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
GEM: Authors :  Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
GEM:            Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
GEM:            Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
GEM:            James Tittle (macOS-X)
GEM:            IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)
PDP: pure data packet
PDP: version 0.12.4
dyld:
/Applications/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC4.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd
Undefined symbols:
__ZN11imageStruct5clearEv
__ZN11imageStruct8fromGrayEPs
__ZN11imageStruct8fromYV12EPs
__ZN12GemException6reportEv
__ZN7GemBase11setModifiedEv
__ZN7GemBase17obj_setupCallbackEP6_class
__ZN7GemBase17realStopRenderingEv
__ZN7GemBaseC2Ev
__ZN7GemBaseD2Ev
__ZN9CPPExtern10m_holdnameE
__ZN9CPPExtern8m_holderE
__ZTI7GemBase
__ZnwmPvS_
_pdp_packet_copy_ro_or_drop
_pdp_packet_data
_pdp_packet_header
_pdp_packet_mark_unused
pd_gui: pd process exited
Trace/BPT trap

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."
                                                        - Thomas
Jefferson