[PD] pd font finetuning with tk scaling ?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 26 19:40:48 CET 2005

Well, they're given to TK as "points", but then in s_main.c, a setup
routine, glob_initfromgui(), actually searches through the fonts for
those closest to the desired _pixel_ size.  At tha time I believe TK
had no way of specifying pixel size.  I'm not sure what the truth is
now; you can feed TK negative "point sizes" that are supposed to generate
known pixel sizes, but there are at least three dimensions to a font
size and I don't know how the single number maps to them.  Ugh...

Miller