[PD] any problems with debian on the Acer laptops ? (formerly [PD] linux distribution choice)

julienbreval at free.fr julienbreval at free.fr
Sat Nov 26 21:03:04 CET 2005

Hello,

On an Acer Aspire Centrino laptop, when I want to install either Linux Debian or
Ubuntu (Debian-based), the computer freezes after "Uncompressing Linux ........
Ok, booting the kernel".

Sometimes, not always, after the computer freezes a list of "FATAL modprobe
xxxxxx" messages prints continuously on the screen, telling that some files are
missing.

The Ubuntu live CD doesn't work either. Notice that the original ubuntu CDs that
I have installs / boot correctly on a desktop. Let's try RH9 then ... (I still
have the install CDs).