[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 27 04:17:40 CET 2005

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> Here is a second (and full?) version of the abstraction to make editing of
> gui objects much easier and quicker (for those who work a lot with them).
> Just put them in your externals folder.
>
> As I said before, this example is for a canvas, but I'll take the model
> and adapt it to all other GUI objects.
>
> Please try it out, correct, criticise, etc. (even the english, if you
> want). If it's fine I think I can start the adaptations to the other ones.
>
> Some operations might be made not with the most fast sollutions, but I was
> using only the standard objects of pd. It's not impossible, and it will
> provide compatibility.

Wow, that's a mighty cool and very useful patch!!

To do dynamic sends you don't need to use the editmode etc. messages,
if you require pd >= 0.39 for your patch (which I think, everyone
should use anyways, but I said so several times already.)

Attached is a little idiom on how to do renameable sends with pd-0.39.

Ciao