Fwd: Re: [PD] pd setup on G5 + Digi 002

jef chippewa jef at newmusicnotation.com
Sun Nov 27 19:35:34 CET 2005

(this will be quicker if i just subscribe to the list...)

we opened up the utility "Console" the following message comes up:

Error number -9990 occured opening portaudio stream
Error message: Buffer too small

digidesign buffer is set to max (1024), different settings (down to
256 for example) don't change anything.

jef chippewa wrote:
>startup flags: -lib maxlib -path
>MacintoshHD/Library/Pd/Internals/extra -audiodev 2 -pa

we have also already changed the name of the HD to remove spaces in
names, which apparently UNIX gets pissed at.

adding "-audiobuf 1024" to the startup flags doesn't change anything either.

--

we have another interface available (M-audio firewire 410, 2 in / 8
out - we need 4 ins for the piece), had thought of using the 002 in

in digidesign Coreaudio manager, when quitting and restarting we have
discovered that the buffer settings we chose are not always still
there!  they are usually a notch lower than we set them at.

--

.jef.chippewa.
mailto:jef at newmusicnotation.com
.shirling.&.neueweise.