[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 28 10:11:54 CET 2005

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> thanks, already implemented it. now only leaves the question, is it
> possible to do dynamic receives as well?

[r] in plain Pd doesn't allow this, all IEM-GUI objects however do.

As far as I see, you only need dynamic receives to get the position of
the cnv. You can fake that by renaming the receivers of IEM number
boxes [nbx]. However be careful: Once you renamed the receiver, the
old value is gone, so you need to keep track of which receiver name is
currently active.

(This seems to be one of the really rare cases where a dynamic receive
is actually needed. Other than that, in 4-5 years of using Pd I never
needed to rename a receiver. I think it's generally better to use a
static or argument-generated receiver and then [route ...] incoming
lists according to their first element. With [sroute.pd] from
[list]-abs this even can be dynamic.)

Ciao